How to Prevent Running Injuries with Physical Therapist Chris Johnson
How to Prevent Running Injuries with Physical Therapist Chris Johnson:
- 0:00 Intro
- 3:08 Why is Chris Johnson my favorite running and endurance sport resource?
- 5:30 What are the most common injuries in running and endurance sports?
- 9:27 How do you prevent common running injuries?
- 10:01 Consistency and moderation is key for long term running health
- 12:15 For the average runner what is a realistic amount of running per week?
- 13:05 Frequency, duration and intensity for reducing run injuries
- 15:07 Using tissue protective sessions to rehabilitate and prevent running injuries
- 17:17 Why your strength sessions should be 4-6 hours away from your running sessions
- 18:43 Prioritizing volume over intensity to prevent running injuries
- 19:30 Understanding running “zones” and how to use them to prevent running injuries
Listen and Subscribe to the Podcast
You can listen to the podcast and subscribe with any of the links below.
Show Notes / Relevant Articles:
Want to support me and decide topics for future episodes? Click HERE to sign up for FPF "Insiders" for just a dollar. You'll gain access to 100+ webinars, e-books and complete guides. Plus, you'll get private access to the "Insiders" Facebook group where you can have all of your questions answered by me.
Looking for other ways to support me that are 100% free?
- Like, comment and share on youtube, facebook and instagram
- Leave a 5-star review on apple podcasts
Dan Pope DPT, OCS, CSCS