What I Did Instead of a Physical Therapy Residency - FPF Show Episode 55
Grab the rest of the Mini Course and Sign up for the Certification Pre-sale list:
- FPF Mini Course - 7 Reasons Why Injuries Happen in the Gym and What to do About it
- The Fitness Pain Free Certification
- 5 Steps to Building the Physical Therapy Career of Your Dreams
In today's episode we go over What I Did Instead of a Physical Therapy Residency:
- 0:00 Introduction
- 0.07 Why do new grads and students feel they need to do a physical therapy residency?
- 0:45 Why Physical Therapy Residency programs may not be a reasonable option.
- 1:19 7 steps to running your own physical therapy residency
- 3:12 Why I didn't do a physical therapy residency
- 4:48 What were MY goals of a physical therapy residency?
- 7:27 Finding your niche
- 8:56 How to create a catered curriculum for your own learning
- 10:26 How to make the learning specific to your needs
- 16:33 Leveling up your physical therapy skills
- 17:59 How to use research articles to make your a better physical therapist
- 21:41 How to find physical therapy mentors for free
- 28:11 Why skipping a Physical Therapy residency provides you with MORE experience
- 33:03 Why gaining experience as a physical therapist is not enough
- 37:24 How to use networking to improve your physical therapy practice
- 40:16 Using shadowing to learn from coaches, physical therapists and surgeons
- 44:40 Elevate your physical therapy practice by teaching and sharing
Listen and Subscribe to the Podcast
You can listen to the podcast and subscribe with any of the links below.
Show Notes / Relevant Articles:
Want to support me and decide topics for future episodes? Click HERE to sign up for FPF "Insiders" for just a dollar. You'll gain access to 100+ webinars, e-books and complete guides. Plus, you'll get private access to the "Insiders" Facebook group where you can have all of your questions answered by me.
Looking for other ways to support me that are 100% free?
- Like, comment and share on youtube, facebook and instagram
- Leave a 5-star review on apple podcasts
Dan Pope DPT, OCS, CSCS