Are There Better Options Than Physical Therapy Residency? FPF Show Episode 54
Grab the rest of the Mini Course and Sign up for the Certification Pre-sale list:
- FPF Mini Course - 7 Reasons Why Injuries Happen in the Gym and What to do About it
- The Fitness Pain Free Certification
- 5 Steps to Building the Physical Therapy Career of Your Dreams
In today's episode we go over Are There Better Options Than Physical Therapy Residency?
- 0:00 Introduction
- 0.07 Why do new grads and students feel they need to do a physical therapy residency?
- 0:43 The outrageous costs of physical therapy school (average PT student debt 2020)
- 1:58 Episode summary
- 4:41 How student loan interest creates hidden costs for physical therapy residency
- 6:13 How much interest will you end up paying per month with $100,000 worth of student debt (6-8% federal interest rate)
- 9:05 Time value of money - How much money do you lose in potential investment by doing a physical therapy residency
- 11:18 Why students need to start saving for retirement immediately upon graduation
- 14:43 Is the level of commitment in a physical therapy residency unreasonable for you?
- 16:09 Are you able to find a local residency or move for a residency?
- 17:25 Are there better physical therapy residency options?
- 17:51 Are there better physical therapy residency options for your desired patient population?
- 18:59 Are there better physical therapy residency options for your desired curriculum?
- 20:44 Are there better physical therapy residency options for your lifestyle?
- 21:54 Are there better physical therapy residency options for your financial situation?
- 22:57 Are there better physical therapy residency options my desired level of mentoring?
Listen and Subscribe to the Podcast
You can listen to the podcast and subscribe with any of the links below.
Show Notes / Relevant Articles:
Want to support me and decide topics for future episodes? Click HERE to sign up for FPF "Insiders" for just a dollar. You'll gain access to 100+ webinars, e-books and complete guides. Plus, you'll get private access to the "Insiders" Facebook group where you can have all of your questions answered by me.
Looking for other ways to support me that are 100% free?
- Like, comment and share on youtube, facebook and instagram
- Leave a 5-star review on apple podcasts
Dan Pope DPT, OCS, CSCS