What Physical Therapists Need to Know About Sleep, Nutrition and Psychology for Managing Runners with Chris Johnson
What Physical Therapists Need to Know About Sleep, Nutrition and Psychology for Managing Runners with Chris Johnson:
- 0:00 Intro
- 1:32 How to help runners improve sleep
- 3:28 The role of technology in tracking sleep and recovery
- 4:33 What are the nutrition essentials for runners?
- 7:18 How Chris fuels for his training
- 9:18 How bone stress injuries manifest in patients
- 11:52 What are the most common causes of running injuries?
- 12:49 How runners get into trouble using running as stress relief
- 13:38 What is the definition of a running injury?
- 15:56 How to use session RPE to account for life stress and running modifications
- 17:11 Breaking down the psychology and identity of a runner and their sense of self
Listen and Subscribe to the Podcast
You can listen to the podcast and subscribe with any of the links below.
Show Notes / Relevant Articles:
- FPF Mini Course - 7 Reasons Why Injuries Happen in the Gym and What to do About it
- How to Prevent Running Injuries with Chris Johnson
- Evidence Based Guide to Achilles Tendinopathy for Physical Therapists
- Evidence Based Guide to Lateral Epicondylalgia (Tennis Elbow)
- Evidence Based Guide to Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome
- Evidence Based Guide to Stretching
Want to support me and decide topics for future episodes? Click HERE to sign up for FPF "Insiders" for just a dollar. You'll gain access to 100+ webinars, e-books and complete guides. Plus, you'll get private access to the "Insiders" Facebook group where you can have all of your questions answered by me.
Looking for other ways to support me that are 100% free?
- Like, comment and share on youtube, facebook and instagram
- Leave a 5-star review on apple podcasts
Dan Pope DPT, OCS, CSCS