The Best Glute Maximus Exercises for Maximum Results 💪 (RANKED Lowest to Highest)
In today's episode we go over The Best Glute Maximus Exercises for Maximum Results 💪 (RANKED Lowest to Highest):
Welcome, coaches and clinicians!
Today, we're diving into the super exciting world of glute max exercise and why understanding how to introduce and progress these movements is important for your patient's success.
The gluteus maximus is often referred to as the powerhouse of the hip. It's a large muscle with a huge capacity for force generation and plays an important role in the rehab process for multiple injuries and pathologies. Some important ones that come to mind are lower back pain, femoral acetabular impingement syndrome and patellofemoral pain. During the rehab process we generally need to know how to dose exercises from easy to hard and which exercises give us the best bang for our buck.
In this video we take a look at some recent research to help us decide what is the best glute exercise to use for our patients. Check out the video below to see what I'm talking about:
My glutes are cooked,
- Dan Pope PT, DPT, OCS, CSCS
Show Notes / Relevant Articles:
- FPF Mini Course - 7 Reasons Why Injuries Happen in the Gym and What to do About it
- Glute Medius Exercises (RANKED Lowest to Highest) by Muscle Force Activation
- Evidence Based Guide to Femoral Acetabular Impingement Syndrome
- Evidence Based Guide to Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome
- The Best Hip Flexor Exercises
Want to support me and decide topics for future episodes? Click HERE to sign up for FPF "Insiders" for just a dollar. You'll gain access to 100+ webinars, e-books and complete guides. Plus, you'll get private access to the "Insiders" Facebook group where you can have all of your questions answered by me.
Looking for other ways to support me that are 100% free?
- Like, comment and share on youtube, facebook and instagram
- Leave a 5-star review on apple podcasts
Dan Pope DPT, OCS, CSCS
- Collings TJ, Bourne MN, Barrett RS, Meinders E, GONçALVES BAM, Shield AJ, Diamond LE. Gluteal Muscle Forces during Hip-Focused Injury Prevention and Rehabilitation Exercises. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2023 Apr 1;55(4):650-660. doi: 10.1249/MSS.0000000000003091. PMID: 36918403.