Intrinsic Foot Strengthening (BEST Physical Therapy Exercises)
To go along with today's video I have a free gift:
In today's episode we go over Intrinsic Foot Strengthening (BEST Physical Therapy Exercises):
Welcome, fellow coaches and clinicians!
There truly are no "BEST" strengthening exercises for the foot intrinsics. The best exercise is going to depend highly on the individual, what type of injury they're dealing with, how severe the injury is and what they're trying to get back to.
However, there are certainly several tried and true exercises I find myself constantly utilizing for folks with foot and ankle injuries like plantar fasciitis, achilles tendinopathy and lateral ankle sprains. They're served me well over the years and I wanted to share them with you to help your patients get out of pain and back in the gym. Check out the video below:
Biceps on my feet,
- Dan Pope PT, DPT, OCS, CSCS
Show Notes / Relevant Articles:
- FPF Mini Course - 7 Reasons Why Injuries Happen in the Gym and What to do About it
- Evidence Based Guide to Lateral Ankle Sprains for Physical Therapists | Anatomy, Diagnosis, Differential Diagnosis | FPF Show Episode 85:
- How to Assess Ankle Mobility
- The Complete Guide to Ankle Mobility for Better Squats and Olympic Lifts
Want to support me and decide topics for future episodes? Click HERE to sign up for FPF "Insiders" for just a dollar. You'll gain access to 100+ webinars, e-books and complete guides. Plus, you'll get private access to the "Insiders" Facebook group where you can have all of your questions answered by me.
Looking for other ways to support me that are 100% free?
- Like, comment and share on youtube, facebook and instagram
Dan Pope DPT, OCS, CSCS