Hip Labral Repair Physical Therapy | Case Study | Week 0-6 | CAM Reduction – FPF Show Episode 46
To go along with today's episode I have a nice infographic to share...
Sign up to receive FREE: The Evidence Based FAI Cheat Sheet
In today's episode we go over Hip Labral Repair Physical Therapy | Case Study | Week 0-6 | CAM Reduction:
- 0:00 Introduction
- 1:31 Subjective information - Hip Labral Repair Physical Therapy
- 2:29 Symptoms leading up to surgery, past medical history and mechanism of injury
- 3:29 Diagnosis and diagnostic imaging
- 3:36 Patient goals - Hip Labral Repair Physical Therapy
- 4:39 How to read a post-operative surgical report and how it influences treatment
- 7:13 Objective findings and red flags - How to start physical therapy
- 9:52 What are the patient contraindications and protocol for hip labral repair physical therapy?
- 14:47 Physical therapy plan of care and treatment frequency
- 16:25 Range of motion early on after surgery
- 18:09 Strength training at week 0-3 after hip labral repair surgery
- 21:17 Physical therapy program week 0-3 after hip labral repair surgery
- 22:21 Range of motion goals at week 3-6 after hip labral repair surgery
- 24:09 Strength training week 3-6 after hip labral repair surgery
- 26:02 Physical therapy program week 3-6 after hip labral repair surgery
Listen and Subscribe to the Podcast
You can listen to the podcast and subscribe with any of the links below.
Show Notes / Relevant Articles:
- FPF Mini Course - 7 Reasons Why Injuries Happen in the Gym and What to do About it
- The Evidence Based Guide to FAI for Physical Therapists
- Hip Labral Repair Physical Therapy Guidelines | FAI Surgery Rehabilitation | CAM Reduction – FPF Show Episode 45
- Diagnosis and Treatment of FAI in a Powerlifter - Part 1
- Diagnosis and Treatment of FAI in a Powerlifter - Part 2
- The Ultimate Guide to Getting Out of Hip Pain and Back to Squatting, Deadlifting and Olympic Lifts
Want to support me and decide topics for future episodes? Click HERE to sign up for FPF "Insiders" for just a dollar. You'll gain access to 100+ webinars, e-books and complete guides. Plus, you'll get private access to the "Insiders" Facebook group where you can have all of your questions answered by me.
Looking for other ways to support me that are 100% free?
- Like, comment and share on youtube, facebook and instagram
- Leave a 5-star review on apple podcasts
Dan Pope DPT, OCS, CSCS
Domb BG, Sgroi TA, VanDevender JC. Physical Therapy Protocol After Hip Arthroscopy: Clinical Guidelines Supported by 2-Year Outcomes. Sports Health. 2016 Jul;8(4):347-54. doi: 10.1177/1941738116647920. Epub 2016 May 12. PMID: 27173983; PMCID: PMC4922519.
Wahoff M, Dischiavi S, Hodge J, Pharez JD. Rehabilitation after labral repair and femoroacetabular decompression: criteria-based progression through the return to sport phase. Int J Sports Phys Ther. 2014 Nov;9(6):813-26. PMID: 25383249; PMCID: PMC4223290.
Kraeutler MJ, Anderson J, Chahla J, Mitchell JJ, Thompson-Etzel R, Mei-Dan O, Pascual-Garrido C. Return to running after arthroscopic hip surgery: literature review and proposal of a physical therapy protocol. J Hip Preserv Surg. 2017 Apr 11;4(2):121-130. doi: 10.1093/jhps/hnx012. PMID: 28630733; PMCID: PMC5467407.
Dr. Thomas Wuerz - https://www.bostonhipcenter.com/pdf/hip-arthroscopy-post-op-rehabilitation-protocol.pdf