In today's episode I go through a case study of a recent patient who is a powerlifter with femoral acetabular impingement syndrome: We go over:
- Diagnosis of Femoral Acetabular Impingement Syndrome (FAIS)
- What movements are responsible for FAIs in strength sports and recreational lifters?
- How FAIs injuries occur
- Diagnosing FAIs - imaging, special tests, subjective
- Developing the best plan of care for the patient
- Which patients need to be referred out for a surgical consult
- Treatment plan in a nutshell
Listen and Subscribe to the Podcast
You can use the player to listen to the podcast or subscribe with any of the links below.
Show Notes / Relevant Articles:
- The Ultimate Guide to Getting Out of Hip Pain and Back to Squatting, Deadlifts and Olympic Lifts
- How to Modify the Squat with Hip Pain
- How to Modify the Sumo Deadlift with Hip Pain
- How Squat Technique Affects Hip Pain and What to Do About It
- Assessing Hip Mobility for Squatting - Individual Differences and Training Considerations
- Aprato A, Jayasekera N, Villar R. Timing in hip arthroscopy: does surgical timing change clinical results? Int Orthop. 2012 Nov;36(11):2231-4. doi: 10.1007/s00264-012-1655-x. Epub 2012 Sep 11. PMID: 22965491; PMCID: PMC3479295.
- Gatz M, Driessen A, Eschweiler J, Tingart M, Migliorini F. Arthroscopic surgery versus physiotherapy for femoroacetabular impingement: a meta-analysis study. Eur J Orthop Surg Traumatol. 2020 Oct;30(7):1151-1162. doi: 10.1007/s00590-020-02675-6. Epub 2020 May 7. PMID: 32382825; PMCID: PMC7505824.
Want to support me and decide topics for future episodes? Click HERE to sign up for FPF "Insiders" for just a dollar. You'll gain access to 100+ webinars, e-books and complete guides. Plus, you'll get private access to the "Insiders" Facebook group where you can have all of your questions answered by me.
Looking for other ways to support me that are 100% free?
- Like, comment and share on youtube, facebook and instagram
- Leave a 5-star review on apple podcasts
Dan Pope DPT, OCS, CSCS