It’s time for another episode of STRONGER TV. I’m pretty excited for this one because it’s all about one of my favorite joints, the hip.
We’re talking about hip mobility specifically for the squat. In this episode we go over:
- What muscles and joints need to move well for the squat?
- Why you need to assess people for squat mobility limitations.
- How to quickly assess squat limitations.
- How to break down limitations at the hip.
- Which muscles limit motion at the hip?
- How stiffness creates compensation at the lower back.
- How hip pain can develop with squatting.
- How stiffness can PROTECT against hip pain.
- What is the optimal stance for squatting?
- How squat stance affects hip pain.
- What a stiff hip looks like in comparison to a loose hip and how that affects squat stance.
- How to work with a stiff hip vs. a loose and mobile hip
- A look at Dan’s weird hips and how it has influenced his squat stance
So there it is, a boatload of hip goodness. If you enjoyed today’s episode and want to support us an learn more please head over to our youtube page and hit that “subscribe” button to give us a follow. We’ll see you on the next episode!
All about the acetabulum,
Dan Pope DPT, OCS, CSCS