Diagnosing Cervical Radiculopathy: Special Tests & Clinical Insights | Clinical Examination
To go along with today's episode I have a nice infographic to share...
Grab the rest of the Mini Course and Sign up for the Certification Pre-sale list:
- FPF Mini Course - 7 Reasons Why Injuries Happen in the Gym and What to do About it
- The Fitness Pain Free Certification
In today's video we go over Diagnosing Cervical Radiculopathy: Special Tests & Clinical Insights | Clinical Examination:
- 00:00 - Intro
- 00:10 - What is Cervical Radiculopathy?
- 01:00 - Cervical Radiculopathy Diagnostic Challenges
- 01:42 - Spurling's Test
- 02:35 - Traction/Distraction Test
- 03:23 - Upper Limb Neural Tension Test 1
- 04:07 - Upper Limb Neural Tension Test 2
- 04:40 - Upper Limb Neural Tension Test 2B
- 05:03 - Upper Limb Neural Tension Test 3
- 05:36 - Val Salva Test
- 05:57 - Shoulder Abduction Relief Test
- 06:17 - Squeeze Test
- 06:54 - Conclusion
Special test expert...
- Dan Pope DPT,OCS,CSCS
Show Notes / Relevant Articles:
Want to support me and decide topics for future episodes? Click HERE to sign up for FPF "Insiders" for just a dollar. You'll gain access to 100+ webinars, e-books and complete guides. Plus, you'll get private access to the "Insiders" Facebook group where you can have all of your questions answered by me.
Looking for other ways to support me that are 100% free?
- Like, comment and share on youtube, facebook and instagram
- Leave a 5-star review on apple podcasts for "The Fitness Pain Free Show"
Dan Pope DPT, OCS, CSCS
- Thoomes, E. J., van Geest, S., van der Windt, D. A., Falla, D., Verhagen, A. P., Koes, B. W., … Vleggeert-Lankamp, C. L. (2018). Value of physical tests in diagnosing cervical radiculopathy: a systematic review. The Spine Journal, 18(1), 179–189.
Kang KC, Lee HS, Lee JH. Cervical Radiculopathy Focus on Characteristics and Differential Diagnosis. Asian Spine J. 2020 Dec;14(6):921-930. doi: 10.31616/asj.2020.0647. Epub 2020 Dec 22. PMID: 33373515; PMCID: PMC7788378.