Heel Tap Variations for Knee Pain and Quad Strength | Guide for Physical Therapists:
In today's episode we go over Heel Tap Variations for Knee Pain and Quad Strength | Guide for Physical Therapists:
As physical therapists, we all know how knee pain can seriously impact our patients' lives. Knee pain can both make it tough to continue our favorite strength and fitness activities as well as make it difficult to perform daily activities. Working the quadriceps is key in rehabilitating from knee pain.
One of the best exercises to target the quads and help with knee pain is the heel tap. This simple movement may not look like much, but it can have a big impact on knee stability and strength. In today's video we chat about how to perform it and some progressions and regressions to meet your patient where they are in terms of irritability and strength. Here's how to do it:
In conclusion, the heel tap exercise is a simple but powerful tool for rehabilitating from knee pain. By targeting the quadriceps, we can help support the knee, reduce pain, and get our patients back to the activities they love. So next time you're working with a patient with knee pain, consider incorporating the heel tap into their therapy plan!
- Dan Pope PT, DPT, OCS, CSCS
Show Notes / Relevant Articles:
- FPF Mini Course - 7 Reasons Why Injuries Happen in the Gym and What to do About it
- Patellar and Quadriceps Tendinopathy: Evidence Based Guide - Definition, Anatomy, Prevalence, Presentation
- Evidence Based Guide to Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome
- Physical Therapy Evaluation and Treatment for Meniscus Tears [Case Study] | Traumatic | Non-operative | Conservative Management
Want to support me and decide topics for future episodes? Click HERE to sign up for FPF "Insiders" for just a dollar. You'll gain access to 100+ webinars, e-books and complete guides. Plus, you'll get private access to the "Insiders" Facebook group where you can have all of your questions answered by me.
Looking for other ways to support me that are 100% free?
- Like, comment and share on youtube, facebook and instagram
- Leave a 5-star review on apple podcasts
Dan Pope DPT, OCS, CSCS