In today's episode we go over "Do I Need Surgery for My Torn Rotator Cuff"? with orthopedic surgeon Dr. Sean Rockett:
- 4:08 Does everyone REALLY have a rotator cuff tear?
- 5:09 Is physical therapy effective for rotator cuff tears?
- 5:46 What is the difference between a partial thickness rotator cuff tear and a full thickness rotator cuff tear?
- 9:35 When should you do physical therapy and when should you do surgery?
- 11:08 Do rotator cuff tears worsen over time?
- 11:55 How often should you check in with a doctor to make sure the tear isn't growing?
- 13:30 Is there a point where the rotator cuff can't be repaired?
- 14:40 If you can't repair the rotator cuff anymore, what surgeries can be performed?
- 18:00 What effect does age have on rotator cuff repairs?
- 19:22 Acute on chronic tears
Listen and Subscribe to the Podcast
You can listen to the podcast and subscribe with any of the links below.
Show Notes / Relevant Articles:
- Is CrossFit Bad for Shoulders?
- FPF Mini Course - 7 Reasons Why Injuries Happen in the Gym and What to do About it
- The Ultimate Guide to Rotator Cuff Tears, Tendinopathy and Sub-acromial Impingement Syndrome
- The Ultimate Guide to Getting Out of Shoulder Pain and Back to Bench Press, Overhead Press and Olympic Lifts
Want to support me and decide topics for future episodes? Click HERE to sign up for FPF "Insiders" for just a dollar. You'll gain access to 100+ webinars, e-books and complete guides. Plus, you'll get private access to the "Insiders" Facebook group where you can have all of your questions answered by me.
Looking for other ways to support me that are 100% free?
- Like, comment and share on youtube, facebook and instagram
- Leave a 5-star review on apple podcasts
Dan Pope DPT, OCS, CSCS