It’s time for another episode of STRONGER TV. Last week we went over how to adjust technique during your lifts to reduce knee pain. Make sure you check that one out if you haven’t already.
So in this video we talk about what I would consider some of the most important points that aren’t very well know. That is, how to adjust programming for people in knee pain.
In my opinion, these principles are the “magic” behind what allows athletes to continue training and also rehabilitate simultaneously. If you can master these elements, you’ll make a lot of athletes very happy and keep your own knees healthy if you currently are dealing with irritated knees.
In this episode we go over:
- How do we alter the main lifts when in pain?
- The psychology of athletes in pain
- How to continue working towards your training goals while injured
- How to add extra training volume to continue making progress when limited by pain
- What movements need to be modified and which can be continued
- Multiple training ideas to keep making progress while simultaneously getting out of pain
Check it out in the video below!
So there it is. Hopefully after watching this video you now have some ideas of how you can modify training for knee pain to keep working towards your goals in a smart manner. As always, if you enjoyed today’s content then please head over to our youtube page and subscribe, give us a thumbs up and share it with your friends!
I kneel on cement for 3 hours per day to strengthen my knees,
Dan Pope DPT, OCS, CSCS
P.S. I had several people reach out and ask for an extension to the last “Ultimate Knee” training program sale. I decided to extend it for those that wanted it. Click HERE to get in on the discounted price