In today's episode we go over a case study of "Physical Therapy Diagnosis and Treatment for Rotator Cuff Tendinitis / Impingement in a CrossFit Athlete".
- 0:00 Intro
- 2:02 Subjective evaluation / history taking
- 5:15 Objective evaluation (Manual muscle tests, range of motion, special tests) and diagnosis
- 8:38 Plan of care - Modification of aggravating gym movements (PSFS)
- 11:46 Treatment Plan
- 14:20 Exercise technique adjustments
- 20:57 Communication with coaches and surgeons
- 23:39 What a treatment session looks like (Follow up visits and discharge)
Listen and Subscribe to the Podcast
You can listen to the podcast and subscribe with any of the links below.
Show Notes / Relevant Articles:
- Is CrossFit Bad for Shoulders?
- FPF Mini Course - 7 Reasons Why Injuries Happen in the Gym and What to do About it
- The Ultimate Guide to Rotator Cuff Tears, Tendinopathy and Sub-acromial Impingement Syndrome
- The Ultimate Guide to Getting Out of Shoulder Pain and Back to Bench Press, Overhead Press and Olympic Lifts
Want to support me and decide topics for future episodes? Click HERE to sign up for FPF "Insiders" for just a dollar. You'll gain access to 100+ webinars, e-books and complete guides. Plus, you'll get private access to the "Insiders" Facebook group where you can have all of your questions answered by me.
Looking for other ways to support me that are 100% free?
- Like, comment and share on youtube, facebook and instagram
- Leave a 5-star review on apple podcasts
Dan Pope DPT, OCS, CSCS