In today's episode we chat about a hot topic, "Why Do Elbows Dislocate During the Snatch?" and some potential ways to help reduce your risk. We go over:
- Just how common are these elbow injuries in CrossFit and Olympic Weightlifting?
- How do these elbow injuries occur?
- How technique may influence injury
- Reasons for technical faults in the snatch
- How to go about improving technique
- Practical ways to help reduce the risk of injury
Listen and Subscribe to the Podcast
You can listen to the podcast and subscribe with any of the links below.
Show Notes / Relevant Articles:
- Easy Ways to Prevent and Treat Elbow Issues
- FPF Mini Course - 7 Reasons Why Injuries Happen in the Gym and What to do About it
Aasa U, Svartholm I, Andersson F, Berglund L. Injuries among weightlifters and powerlifters: a systematic review. Br J Sports Med. 2017 Feb;51(4):211-219. doi: 10.1136/bjsports-2016-096037. Epub 2016 Oct 4. PMID: 27707741.
Waymack JR, An J. Posterior Elbow Dislocation. [Updated 2021 Jul 21]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2021 Jan-. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK470574/
Source: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2f/Elbow1.jpg Attribution: James Heilman, MD, CC BY-SA 3.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0>, via Wikimedia Commons
Want to support me and decide topics for future episodes? Click HERE to sign up for FPF "Insiders" for just a dollar. You'll gain access to 100+ webinars, e-books and complete guides. Plus, you'll get private access to the "Insiders" Facebook group where you can have all of your questions answered by me.
Looking for other ways to support me that are 100% free?
- Like, comment and share on youtube, facebook and instagram
- Leave a 5-star review on apple podcasts
Dan Pope DPT, OCS, CSCS