In today's episode we take a look at a very interesting question, "Does High Stress and Poor Sleep Predict Injury and Illness in Athletes"? We go over:
- Why do we care about sleep and stress?
- Does perceived high stress (on a 1-5 scale) predict injuries in athletes
- Do periods of high stress correlate with injury (examination periods)
- Does sleep duration predict risk of injury or illness?
- Can we use this information to implement stress reduction / sleep hygiene strategies for our patients?
Listen and Subscribe to the Podcast
You can listen to the podcast and subscribe with any of the links below.
Show Notes / Relevant Articles:
- Hamlin MJ, Wilkes D, Elliot CA, Lizamore CA, Kathiravel Y. Monitoring Training Loads and Perceived Stress in Young Elite University Athletes. Front Physiol. 2019;10:34. Published 2019 Jan 29. doi:10.3389/fphys.2019.00034
Want to support me and decide topics for future episodes? Click HERE to sign up for FPF "Insiders" for just a dollar. You'll gain access to 100+ webinars, e-books and complete guides. Plus, you'll get private access to the "Insiders" Facebook group where you can have all of your questions answered by me.
Looking for other ways to support me that are 100% free?
- Like, comment and share on youtube, facebook and instagram
- Leave a 5-star review on apple podcasts
Dan Pope DPT, OCS, CSCS