When I think of a rehabilitation exercise I usually think of light dumbbells, thera-bands and stability balls. Don’t get me wrong, I love rehab and it plays an incredibly important role when people get injured. Rehab exercises should have a place in your routine. Since you aren’t injured in the first place we’ll call these preventive exercises.
These exercises don’t have to be boring. In reality, most exercises are actually very much so preventive in nature when they’re done properly. What am I talking about?
Take these two exercises for example:
When done properly these two exercises can work wonders for your posture and greatly reduce your risk of injury. Let’s break it down h und m app herunterladen.
1. When you’re in a pushup position, you’re also pretty much in a plank position. This means that the pushup is an excellent exercise for strengthening the core. Having adequate core strength is a foundation toward a healthy lower back.
2.When done properly, pushups are an excellent exercise for your serratus anterior. This muscle plays a large role in the position of your shoulder blade. If it’s weak or dysfunctional it could lead you to shoulder pain filme aus netflix downloaden.
3. Lastly, if you keep your chin tucked you’re also strengthening some of the deep cervical musculature important for posture. Great posture = Less shoulder and neck pain.
The Ring Row
1. When done properly the ring row is a great exercise to strengthen the glute muscles in your hips. Strong glutes play a large role in keeping the knees pain free as well as keeping the lower back safe tia portal v14 herunterladen.
2. The ring row helps strengthen the shoulder retractors, muscles that are usually weak in patients with poor posture. Ring rows can help correct a rounded upper back posture, also known as a thoracic kyphosis.
3. Ring rows help to strengthen the deep cervical flexor muscles. Research shows that these muscles are weak or dysfunctional in those with neck pain.
Now, there only one caveat to these exercises being beneficial for posture and prevention. They must be done correctly. Here’s how they’re done.
The Ring Row
This exercise can also be done in a squat rack without rings
I put pushup variations and ring rows into almost all of my warm-ups for their preventative benefits.
Remember to keep perfect technique on all other exercises as well. Even an exercise like a dead lift can be great for improving your posture if done properly.
Try adding pushups and ring rows into your warmup or routine and see if your body thanks you. That’s it!
Shoulder Impingement: Part 5 – How Posture and Breathing Effects Shoulder Impingement
How to Implement Assessment and Corrective Strategies into Your Box: Part 2 – Assessing Overhead Mobility
How to Implement Assessment and Corrective Strategies into Your Box: Part 1 – The Problem and the Solution
9 Reasons Why I Like Tempo Lifts
15 Keys to Safe and Effective Programming: Part 2
My Favorite Mobility and Warm-up Exercises for the Entire Body
Finding the Best Squat Stance for Performance, Hip and Lower Back Health
7 Ways to Stay Safe During the Crossfit Open