Join Rob and I as we talk a bit about one of our favorite topics, pain:
- [1:05] Dan and Rob catch up, Rob’s healing shoulder, Dan’s training and the crossfit open
- [6:15] Introducing today’s topic – PAIN
- [7:55] What is pain and why is it important herunterladen?
- [10:40] What the hell is nociception and why should I care about it?
- [12:15] How fear, anxiety and beliefs effect how much pain you experience
- [14:30] Some interesting research showing how your thoughts, fears and anxieties can create pain when there is absolutely no damage going on in the body schriften gratis downloaden mac.
- [16:35] Central and Local Sensitivity – 2 more reasons why different people experience different levels of pain with the same stimulus
- [19:33] How pain and damage are not directly related herunterladen. You can have pain without damage and damage without pain
- [19:50] Study shows majority of major league pitchers have labral and rotator cuff damage without the associated pain and disability
- [24:50] How your language used with your patients has a major impact on their rehabilitation
- [26:10] The enormous effect of placebo and equally important but less discussed nocebo effect
- [27:45] How the patient’s expectations about their treatment effects their amount of improvement
- [31:40] An example of how X-rays and MRIs can scare patients when the MRI results may not be the bottom line
- [33:45] Should we as therapists be throwing out our spine models herunterladen?
- [34:45] A different approach on patient education and injury
- [37:00] How pain science is important for healing in athletes
- [43:25] The psychological toll of injuries in athletes and my own example of how your thoughts can perpetuate pain
- [45:55] How personality and emotion is linked to pain
- [47:35] What patients need to know about pain in order to rehab properly
- [51:35] Tips for personal trainers and coaches working with clients in pain
- [53:30] Tips for physical therapists to apply pain science into their clinical practice
- [59:41] Resources for those seeking more information about pain science
My brain hurts after editing this podcast,
Dan Pope DPT, CSCS
P.S gimp download kostenlos deutsch. If you enjoyed this article then sign up for the newsletter to receive the FREE guide – 10 Idiot Proof Principles to Crossfit Performance and Injury Prevention as well as to keep up to date with new information as it comes out via weekly emails flash player 9 kostenlos downloaden.